This dinner was from another great find from the food blogs earlier this year.
The sauce is light, yet flavorful, and does a great job seasoning the tofu (a challenging task). The whole process only took me 30 minutes, and I just added some brown rice to make the meal complete. The recipe makes three generous servings, but it is really good leftover.
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package (14-ounce) firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 pound French green beans, ends removed
- 1 red bell pepper, stem removed and thinly sliced
1. Whisk together the vegetable broth, fish sauce, chili garlic sauce, and sugar in a large bowl.
2. Heat a large skillet and then add the oil and the onion. Cook, stirring constantly, until the onion begins to soften. Then dump in the beans and cook, continuing to stir, for about 2 1/2 minutes.
3. Pour in the sauce, the red pepper, and the tofu. Stir occasionally, and cook for 3 minutes. Cover for a quick steam to make sure the beans are fully cooked.